Developer PMDG is one of the most famous developers in the flight sim community. The very first PMDG Boeing 737 add-on was released back in 2003 for FS2004, but this year they released a brand new Boeing 737-800/900 add-on for Prepar3D v4 called PMDG 737NGXu. We got the chance to review this product and we would like to say thank you to PMDG for making this possible.
At the first look, PMDG 737NGXu may look just like an easy update of the old PMDG 737NGX, but it really isn’t. 737NGXu is actually a brand new add-on featuring completely reworked both exterior and interior model, PBR textures or cockpit tablet and many, many others.
Exterior modelling of this aircraft is really good. PMDG made Split Scimitar Winglets and you can now download liveries with these winglets. You can also enjoy beautiful PBR textures with awesome reflections, landing gear and engine intake details are very impressive as well, you can check a screenshots below. Because of all these features, the PMDG 737NGXu is a bit FPS heavy.
The one and only thing that from my point of view should be updated is the flaps deployment. It looks like flaps of PMDG 737NGXu extend a bit more than the real aircraft’s flaps.
Another big step forward from the previous 737 add-on was made in the cockpit. Now it really looks like a real Boeing 737. I compared my own picture of a Smartwings Boeing 737-800 cockpit with the PMDG 737NGXu cockpit and I wasn’t able to spot any differences at all! As mentioned before, a new tablet was added as well. You can find there useful information like airport map (with an arrow representing your aircraft), performance page or calculator.
I can say only one thing and that’s amazing! It is so realistic. You can really the feel the aircraft in your hands when flying. Another big and important improvement from the 737NGX. Only the nose wheel steering is a bit weird, but there is an update coming which should fix this small problem.
Alongside FSLabs A320 and A319, the PMDG 737NGXu is the best aircraft add-on for P3Dv4. It is really worth it and I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I do! You can buy this aircraft for $99.99 on PMDG website.
- All new system simulation, utilizing the latest PMDG system simulation engine.
- Enhanced flight physics.
- Addition of rigid body physics to wing and tail surfaces.
- Improved flight control systems.
- Electronic Flight Bag with Navigraph Integration.
- High resolution cockpit displays
- New equipment options for cockpit instrumentation, fuel system changes and more.
- Changes to 737 options packages reflecting real world changes since NGX was first offered in 2011.
- Expanded failures simulation to cover nearly all QRH scenarios.
- PMDG Global Flight Operations compatibility (when PMDG GFO is made live in late 2019!)
- Native PMDG datalink simulation for offline flying (similar to 777 and 747)
- PMDG’s enhanced light package for the virtual cockpit.
- Driveable pushback tug.
- Base Package includes 737-800, 737-900 and 737-900ER models with standard wing, blended winglet and split scimitar winglet options where offered on the actual airframe.
- All new external models, with PBR texturing, enhanced animations and more.
- All new virtual cockpit model, with high detail PBR texturing, advanced animations and more.
- All new, high definition sound suite recorded on a fully instrumented test airplane.
- Enhanced PMDG Sound Engine for immersive audio experience on the flight deck.
- New PMDG Operations Center 2.0