Gaya Simulations, an acclaimed multi-platform flight simulation scenery developer, has recently taken to their Facebook Page to announce the release of a major update for their rendition of Vienna International Airport (LOWW) for X-Plane 11.
The new version of the scenery brings interior modelling to the north pier terminal, better textures to the ground service equipment, or new buildings to the airport to accurately represent its current state.
Furthermore, approach lighting at runway 29 was improved, the orange taxi lines were changed to proper colour, number of graphical errors were fixed, or the Vienna Airport logo was added to the SAM marshallers, for example.
The changelog of the new version can be seen below in the article. It further describes that a number of other small, miscellaneous fixes and improvements were made to the scenery.
If you want to purchase the scenery, you can do so through OrbxDirect for a price of approximately €20. In order to update the scenery, simply launch OrbxDirect and the update should be downloaded automatically.
Vienna International Airport (LOWW) serves as the main airport of the capital city of Austria, Vienna. It is a hub for Austria’s national carrier, Austrian Airlines, as well as numerous low-cost carriers such as Ryanair, or Wizz Air. Annually, over 31 million passengers visit the airport.
- North pier terminal now have interior modelling!
- Ground service equipment now have better texture.
- New model for the static A320 of Austrian with it’s accurate appearance and engines.
- Add new buildings make the airport dated with it’s current state.
- Fixes to a number of graphical errors
- Taxi lights offset all over the airport
- Fixed heavy handed exclusion zones which occasionally affected vegetation rendering
- Fixed E/W holding lines and lights to accompany
- Changed the orange taxi line to proper colour
- The red floodlights now only illuminate at night
- Updated ATC information and added wind rules
- Approach lighting improved at runway 29
- Added the Vienna airport logo to the SAM marshallers
- Changed gate sign style to reflect the real world
- A number of fixes to SAM jetways
- Added more ramp starts
- A number of other small, miscellaneous fixes and improvements.