Microsoft Flight Simulator Team has recently released the second development update after the initial release of the simulator. This update focuses only on the upcoming patch that will fix most of the current issues with the product.
Based on the patch notes included in the post, the upcoming patch fixes crashes on the loading, fixes several bugs in the installation process, optimizes the FPS usage when using SimConnect, or the correct currency should now be used in the marketplace, for example. The complete patch notes can be seen below.
The patch is currently expected to be released within the upcoming 7 days. The installation of the new patch will begin automatically on the simulator startup.
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace