Ed Correia, Orbx Head of Operations, has today announced via the Orbx Forums a rendition of Caernarfon Airport for X-Plane 11. When released, the scenery will feature, for example, 2cm/px ground textures for the airport area, accurately placed buildings or surrounding POIs together with Orbx GB TrueEarth Central compatibility. There is a complete feature list below the screenshots in the post.
Caernarfon (pronounced [KUH] + [NAA] + [VUHN]) (Maes Awyr Caernarfon) is a lovely general aviation airport located right in the heart of Snowdonia, North Wales, in one of the most scenic and popular tourist areas in the UK.
As usual, there is no ETA or pricing details yet, but stay tuned on FSNews for future updates as we will continue covering this subject.
The airport and all the recent extensions and new buildings from summer 2019 have been included ensuring that the airport is as close as possible to the real airport and will remain so for many years to come.
- Custom and unique built ground vehicles and aircraft based at the airfield all modelled and included.
- Ultra high definition 2cm/px bespoke hand-painted ground textures for the immediate airport area.
- High definition, hand-crafted 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area.
- Accurately and superbly modelled buildings based on real-world mapping and LiDAR height data.
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment modelled from real-world photographs
- High definition hand-crafted PBR materials for the airport buildings which react perfectly to the lighting conditions.
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings fully modelled and ready to be explored.
- Surrounding POIs, e.g. Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farmland buildings have been modelled and included.
- Optimized for best performance and blended seamlessly with Orbx GB TrueEarth Central
- Animated and functional signal square, anemometer and windsock.