Maxx-XP, in collaboration with Sundog Software and X-Aviation, have announced the release of SkyMaxx Pro v 5 for X-Plane 11.
This popular weather engine comes with a number of features that enhance the weather properties within X-plane 11, to make the simulator that bit more realistic. Features such as, cloud shadows, lens flare, full 3D GPU Ray-Casted clouds, and realistic cloud effects for IFR landings and take offs.
Version 5 optimizes VR, enhances how light is displayed through clouds, options for reduced load on GPU and CPU, and lightening effects that trigger 3D positional thunder sound effects if SoundMaxx is installed.
SkyMaxx Pro v5 is available from X-Aviation, priced at $39.95
- Lens Flare
- Cloud shadows
- Clouds aloft with wind speed
- Crepuscular rays
- Full 3D GPU Ray-Casted Clouds
- Extends all the way to the horizon
- Both solid and broken stratiform representations
- Advanced per-fragment lighting model with real Mie scattering and fogbows!
- Realistic in-cloud effects for convincing IFR landings and takeoffs
- Simulated scud layer
- Real simulation of single, double, and multiple scattering of sunlight and moonlight through the clouds
- Convincing high-altitude weather for jetliner pilots
- Soft cloud / terrain blending
- Adjustable soft blending of any cloud type with terrain
- Makes for gorgeous ground fog, or clouds surrounding mountaintops!
- Lightning effects in SkyMaxx Pro 5 will trigger 3D positional thunder sound effects when SoundMaxx is installed
- 3D Precipitation (OpenGL only)
- Integrates seamlessly with the X-Plane weather menus