Aircraft developer TorqueSim, the development studio behind the BN-2B islander, has recently released the BN-2T variant of the Britten-Norman islander for X-Plane 11
The BN-2T is not majorly different from the BN-2B Islander also released by TorqueSim, only in that it is fitted with 2 Allison 250 turbo props, as well as having a faster cruising speed and a longer range giving the aircraft a diverse range of possible uses.
The BN-2T has plenty of features including a highly detailed 3D exterior, and interior model, full PBR 4k Texturing, GTN750/650 support, custom systems, custom avionics, high fidelity FMOD pack, and much more.
The BN-2T Islander can be purchased from the X-Aviation website for approximately €28.91 here. Alternatively you can purchase the BN-2T and BN-2B in a bundle for 22% off by using the code 5798be55 at checkout.
The Britten-Norman islander series aircraft is a highly popular aircraft specifically in Europe, the aircraft, similar to the Twin Otter, is very rugged and has no problem with taking off from short runways. The aircraft is mainly used by passenger airlines for short hops to remote location. Amongst all the Islander variants is the BN-2B Defender, used by militaries across the world.
- Highly detailed 3D model
- Support for RealityXP GTN 750/650
- Full PBR 4K Texturing
- Custom Systems, including:
- Fully custom electrical system, simulating the circuit breakers, buses, generators, and battery
- Custom fuel manager
- Custom Avionics, including:
- KFC225 Autopilot
- GTX345 Transponder
- KR87 ADF
- M800 Chronometer
- High-fidelity FMOD sound pack, with sounds recorded from the real aircraft
- Carefully tuned and tested flight model based on real life performance data and input from Islander pilots
- X-Plane GNS530/GNS430
- AFM G5 Integration (requires a copy of the AFM G5 plugin)
- Custom Load Manager
- Persistent systems (switches return to the state which they were left)
- Fully custom C++ Plugin using the X-Plane SDK
- Includes 12 initial liveries, a blank livery, and paint-kit, with many more liveries to come after release!
- Long-term support, as well as additional features and updates planned.