Aerobask has today announced via the X-Plane.org forums a new aircraft they are working on for X-Plane 11 – Lancair Legacy RG. This is the first time Aerobask mentioned the aircraft development.
The Lancair Legacy is a two-seat single-engine light aircraft marketed in kit form, which is now out of production. It evolved from the Lancair 235/320 series, but with a larger fuselage and more powerful engine, and like them, is a low-winged monoplane of composite construction, with side-by-side seating in an enclosed cockpit.
The aircraft will enter private beta in few days and is scheduled to be released in June if everything goes well. There was also a feature list included within the post from which we know, that the aircraft will feature 4K PBR textures, high accuracy flight model by X-Aerodynamics, high-quality FMOD or custom-coded SASL instruments, for example.
The aircraft is developed under cooperation with Roberto Blanco – owner and pilot of N637PG (Lancair Legacy RG).
- Highly detailed 3D model interior and exterior
- PBR 4K textures
- High quality FMOD sounds from Daniela Rodríguez Careri, based on custom recordings from Legacy reg. N637PG
- High accuracy flight model by X-Aerodynamics (tuned for standard flight model)
- Real and custom 4K liveries with assorted interiors
- Stock but highly realistic GNS530
- Native support of RXP GTN750 in replacement of GNS530+SL70 (Windows only, separate product needed)
- Continental IO-550 310hp engine
Custom-coded SASL instruments:
- Avidyne EXP5000 EFIS
- Avidyne DFC90 Autopilot
- J.P. Instruments VM1000C engine management system
- Mountain High ED2-IP oxygen system
- A.F.S. AOA Pro angle of attack indicator
- Garmin SL30 COM/NAV
- Apollo SL70 Transponder
- Aerospace Logic CO200 digital clock
- Mid-Continent MD302 Standby Attitude Module
The original post can be found here.