In a rather long post on the X-Plane.org Forums, AeroDesigns has announced a new scenery they are working on for X-Plane 11. Portland International Jetport is an airport located west of Portland in Maine, USA. The airport annually serves over 2 million passengers and is operated mainly by American Eagle and United Express.
The scenery itself will feature ground textures with PBR, high-resolution orthophotos, rain effects, night lighting, landmarks around the airport, or SAM Jetways integration. As usual, the current feature list can be found below the screenshots.
Developers did also mention the current state of the development. Based on that, the ground textures and markings are almost finished together with the mesh, landmarks and 3D modelling of the terminal, tower and parking structure.
The release date and price will be announced when the time comes.
- 3D Terminal and surrounding airport buildings with high-resolution textures and PBR implementation
- Highly detailed ground textures with PBR
- High-resolution orthophotos (9cm; .3 foot)
- Custom accurate mesh created with Ortho4xp patch
- Full night lighting
- Rain effects
- Landmarks surrounding the airport are included such as the brightly coloured fuel tanks and Veterans Memorial Bridge on approach for 29
- SAM will be supported with own custom created Jetways
- WT3 Compatible (thanks to the always amazing Capt K-Man)
Source: X-Plane.org Forums