Aerosoft community developer Pavel1971 has released his rendition of Bratislava M.R. Štefánik International Airport (LZIB).
Located in western Slovakia, in an area of Ivanka pri Dunaji (Ivanka uponDanube) village, it is the Slovak biggest and busiest international airport. It is a base for airlines like AirExplore, Ryanair, Smartwings, and in the past it was also a second base of Czech Airlines.
The main features of this scenery are animated passengers, airport staff, 3D grass and vegetation, a modelled city of Bratislava covering over 125 square kilometers, runway and taxiway lighting with working ALS, models of static aircraft, ground vehicles, or fire trucks, for example.
The scenery also uses SODE animations, to be more specific, snow animations in winter over the runway or wet asphalt during rain.
The scenery is available through Aerosoft website for approximately €20 with VAT excluded.
- Runway lighting, taxiway lighting, ALS works depending on weather conditions: reduced visibility, precipitation in the form of rain and snow. Also implemented a flashing light system.
- Windsocks show the direction and strength of the wind.
- Models of static aerodrome transport vehicles, including fire fighting vehicles, fuel tankers, and official vehicles, are made taking into account real vehicles that are used at Bratislava airport.
- Animated passengers, airport staff, including technicians, a flight crew with pilots, and the flight attendants of the Boeing 737 Ryanair crew.
- Around the airport and at the airport itself there are trees and grass which, depending on the season, are covered with autumn leaves or covered with snow in winter.
- In the period from May to July, puddles can be seen without rain, at sunset, dawn, and at night. From September to October, puddles are also visible during the day.ň