BCSceneries have today released an updated version of their Genova scenery for X-Plane 11. The scenery covers the city of Genova in Northern Italy and it’s airport – Genova Cristoforo Colombo Airport (LIMJ).
The scenery features an updated terminal model, PBR materials, helipads throughout the city, thousands of objects, photographic night environment, about 16,000 buildings, or high FPS without stutters, for example. The complete feature list can be found below.
The scenery can be purchased via the X-Plane.org Store for $32.
- 243 square kilometer city of Genova, 850 square kilometers outback of Genova (mountains and coasts). And, of course the presence of the international city airport Genova Cristoforo Colombo (LIMJ).
- The city contains hand recolored ground textures (30, 60, 120 cm/pixels) and is filled of UHD landmarks (hundreds of models), the outback contains the hand recoloured ground textures (30 cm, 2m, 4m/pixel) and hand placed forests, for the buildings in outback, the scenery relies on X-Plane or third party autogen.
- In the city there are 3D modeled residential areas (16.000 buildings). They have generic facades and real roofs.
- The airport is very high detailed with all UHD buildings and architectural complexes. Further there are custom ground services (static). I’ve rebuilded the Terminal that now is updated to the next 2022 year (in real life there are currently works on expansion of the Terminal). In the Terminal there is an autogate jetway (one of six) (Autogate by Marginal required).
- In the Ancient Port (near the Galata Sea Museum), there is a submarine (Nazario Sauro S 518) ultra high detailed.
- Photographic night environment (ground textures for all the scenery and buildings textures) and night lighting effects (for example the “Lanterna” lighthouse).
- In the city there are thousands of objects like cranes, containers, ships, boats, parked trucks, parked trains.
- in the city there are also the flyover roads with interchanges (without traffic).
- Helipads in the airport and in the fair (Eastern of the city).
- High detailed APRON in airport area.
- Changing parked aircraft in airport.
- Moving ground services in the airport.
- In the airport the various buildings have the “interiors” (cinematographic set style): the windows are transparent.
- Use of PBR materials for both the ground textures at the airport and the Terminal and skycrapers.
- Static people in the airport area (especially in and out of the terminal).
- The airport is been tested with World Traffic 3.0 and ortho4xp. They functions correctly.
- Two good detailed railway stations.
- Custom water bump texture for rivers and sea.
- Realistic and accurate ILS offset of 2 degrees.
- LIMJ documentation by ENAV included plus a map of the parking at the airport.
- In the screenshots there is also the third party Polcevera Bridge model by Dario Rugo.
- High FPS and no stuttering, even without Vulkan.