Boundless has earlier today taken to their social network profiles to announce a new project being in the works for X-Plane 11. While the new project was teased by the developer in the past few days more than once, nothing was certain until today.
Covering the recently built helipad at Hull Royal Infirmary located on the eastern coast of the United Kingdom in the city of Hull, the scenery should feature custom orthoimagery, custom road traffic for the area, animated ambulances, custom night lighting, and custom and accurate buildings around the helipad.
Furthermore, there should be countless small details around the scenery as well as custom HD trees and PBR textures for the hospital buildings. The complete feature list can be found below in the article.
Based on the information available on the developer’s website, the price should be set, upon release, to £2.99 or about €3.50. No release date was announced by the developer yet, but the scenery should be “coming soon“.
- 5cm resolution ortho imagery (the highest ever imported to the sim as far as we are aware)
- Custom HD UK style traffic
- Full custom HD night lighting, including traffic lights and emergency lights
- HD Trees
- Custom HD houses based on those in the actual area
- 4K PBR Hospital buildings
- Excellent FPS (the package covers the nearby area only, so detail can be ramped up with no FPS impact)
- Countless small details, ranging from benches to swings in playgrounds… there’s loads to spot!