Boundless have announced their works on London Southend Airport (EGMC) scenery for X-Plane 11. The announcement was made through their social network pages and a press release.
Based on the attached feature list, the scenery is expected to offer custom 4K textures throughout the scenery with the use of PBR technology on the ground, custom 3D vegetation accurately placed around the scenery, or custom orthoimagery with 5cm resolution, for example.
Additionally, once released, the scenery will cover not only the airport itself but nearby areas as well for better immersion during the approach and departure phases of flight, and last but not least, the developer promises to deliver static 3D people to the scenery as well as custom road and airport traffic.
While the expected price was not disclosed by the developer publicly just yet, the release is currently expected within the next month or so.
London Southend Airport (EGMC) is an international airport situated just a few miles out of Southend-on-Sea in Essex, England. It sees routes from, and to, cities like Alicante, Dublin, Málaga, or Bucharest or Corfu. Back in 2019, before the pandemic, the airport saw about two million passengers.
- Full & accurate airport
- Scenery covers nearby areas (housing to the South)
- All buildings modelled
- Custom 4K PBR Ground textures
- Custom 4K & HD building textures
- HD PBR Static Aircraft (GA & Airline)
- Custom night lighting
- New 3D trees
- Incredible 5cm resolution ortho imagery (From 2020)
- Custom airport traffic
- Custom road traffic
- 3D grass, bushes / vegetation
- Fully compatible with traffic Global
- Animated (Autogate) marshallers at selected gates
- XL426 Vulcan modelled
- Nearby retail park included
- Animated custom trains at station
- Static 3D people in selected locations