Today, Burning Blue Design has released their rendition of Popham Airfield (EGHP) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Popham Airfield is located just north of Winchester, and is also home to the Spitfire Flying Club. Popham Airfield holds many events year-around, including the Microlight Trade Fair, the Motorcycle Mega Meet & Vintage Aircraft Fly-in, and the New Year’s Day Fly-in. The airfield annually welcomes over 10,000 visitors from around the globe as well.
There are many noticeable features included in Popham Airfield for Microsoft Flight Simulator, including over 100 custom 3D objects, thousands of stock assets, high-resolution color corrected ground textures, dynamic smoke effects, a car park, and many more. View the full changelog at the bottom of this article.
You can purchase Popham Airfield by Burning Blue Design for Microsoft Flight Simulator on their website for £10.95.
- Over 110 custom 3D objects have been created exclusively for Popham airfield, each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) allowing for extremely realistic textures.
- Thousands of carefully placed stock assets, every cone, car, sign and fence has been placed in it’s correct location ensuring an atmosphere of a working airfield.
- High resolution colour corrected ground textures taken from Bing maps and manipulated for consistency and realism which far surpasses the quality of the stock Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 ground texture.
- Working custom Signal Square, which accurately shows the most suitable runway for the wind conditions.
- Dynamic smoke effects, signs and car park, which change realistically depending on the time of day.
- New control tower built in 2020.
- Numerous custom aircraft have been added around Popham to enhance the realism and better reflect actual aircraft found at the airfield, such as the Ikarus C42, the Spitfire F Mk.la, the Yakovlev Yak-52 (two variants), the Yakovlev Yak-12, and the De Havilland Chipmunk.
- Correct AI pattern procedures and accurate taxiway and runway placement have been incorporated into the airfield.
- Key navigational landmarks in the surrounding area have been included, such as a white Arrow, a water tower, silos, polytunnels, fuel stations, Starbucks, an MX track, a golf coaurse, and more.
- In honor of the car and motorcycle events hosted at Popham, the car park includes six transportation vehicles.