Canada4XPlane has recently rather quietly released a new version of their Edmonton International Airport (CYEG) scenery for X-Plane 11. It is the first update released for this specific scenery by the developer since the initial launch back in August last year. Bringing the scenery to version 1.5, it is clearly a significant update ensuring that the scenery meets the latest industry standards.
The new update most importantly brings the terminal interior to the scenery together with revised PBR textures on the tower and completely overhauled lighting models to match the current layout.
Further, SAM seasonal textures, models, and other winder elements were added, and major bug fixes and visual updates are featured. The complete changelog can be seen below in the article.
The scenery can be purchased through the X-Plane.org Store for $19.95 which is equal to about €16.87 as of writing this article. There is also a freeware alternative from Canada4XPlane which can be downloaded through X-Plane.org Forums.
In order to install the update, simply download the new files from the store and replace the old ones.
- Added SAM seasonal textures, models, and other winter elements.
- Added Terminal Interior
- Revised Tower PBR textures
- Overhauled lighting models to match CYEG 2021 (almost every light on airport property is properly placed, and colour matched)
- Custom runway lights including edge, threshold, and custom animated approach lights
- Added customized SAM jetways and docking systems\
- Major bug fixes and visual updates.