CaptainSim, a well-known Prepar3D developer behind addons covering the 767, 757, and 777 for Prepar3D has recently released their rendition of 737 Classic.
The Boeing 737 Classic is a narrow-body airliner and a second generation of the original 737s. The first 737-300 variant took off into the skies in 1984 and entered service in the same year. The aircraft uses CFM-56 turbofan engines for better fuel economy and has upgraded avionics.
The CaptainSim’s rendition of the aircraft is still in early access which means that some of the features are still missing. However, the main features we can find in this aircraft are, for example, fully functional cockpit, panel states, custom views, custom glass rain effects, AIRAC support by Navigraph and much more.
Repainters will also appreciate an included paint kit and aircraft configuration editor, which will make their job easier. The complete feature list can be as usually found below in the article.
The aircraft is available for $59.37, or about €50.50, on the CaptainSim store.
• Functional flight deck loaded with advanced systems simulation (FMC/LNAV/VNAV/WXR/EGPWS etc)
• Retrofit EICAS option (coming soon)
• Cockpit states, PAX and payload configuration and management via FMC
• High resolution textures
• 18 aux 2D panels
• Custom views
• GlaCS (glass rain effects)
EXTERIOR AND CABIN
• Model of the Boeing 737-300 with CFM56-3B engines.
• Numerous variants of optional equipment (winglets, antennas, etc)
• Cabin with 3D windows, interior, stewardess and animated pilots
• Hundreds of realistic animations including wing flex
• Custom visual effects including volumetric lighting
• 2-in-1 installer (P3D4/5)
• Realistic flight model
• Authentic TSS sound set
• ACE (Aircraft Configuration Editor)
• Growing number of easily installable free liveries
• Repaint kit
• Navigraph FMC nav data including TP with AIRAC support
• Sim Ops