The highly-anticipated Airbus H160 helicopter from Hype Performance Group is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This medium-utility helicopter comes with the HPG-made augmented flight model as well as an impressive array of custom-made sounds.
For those immersion-based simmers that take pride in realism, the developers have not forgotten you. The HPG H160 comes in two different models: civilian and luxury. Just a single purchase gives access to both.
As seen with other HPG products, the developers have not strayed away from quality in liveries. The Airbus H160 comes pre-loaded with 12 total liveries (6 civilian, 6 luxury). All liveries for the new H160 are made to the highest 4K standard.
In tune with the real-life model of the H160, the MSFS version comes outfitted with inflatable floats. Enabling the pilot to land on any body of water they wish, an uncommon feature amongst helicopters.
The HPG H160 also boasts a powerful EFB, a powerful tool that is becoming more and more common in MSFS products. The EFB tablet in the H160 provides integrations to programs such as LittleNavMap and Neofly, all while providing the user with a custom-built documents library, utility apps and games.
Probably the most luxurious feature of this tablet is the ability to integrate video streaming and internet browsing using the built-in EFB on the H160.
You can purchase Hype Performance Group’s H160 for MSFS through the developer’s website for $49.99. The addon is expected to be compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, says the product page.
HPG Airbus H160 Feature List
Highly Detailed 3D Model, Textures and Animations
- HPG’s highest quality production to date
- 2 H160 variants (Civilian, Luxury) included in this package
- Each variant includes six (6) stunning liveries in 4K quality for 12 total
- Extremely detailed professionally modeled interior and exterior, all PBR textures
- Cockpit is almost completely interactive, supporting both the Lock and Legacy Cockpit Interaction System
- VR Cockpit Zoom supported, aircraft designed from the ground up around VR
- Rotor animations including blade droop, blade flap
- Working doors, animated windshield wipers, all flight controls animated
- Rotor downwash effects (water, snow, dirt/sand), engine heat blur and heat emissive effects
- Functional emergency floats (Luxury variant only) with manual and automatic deployment options
Advanced Avionics & Detailed Systems
- High quality Airbus Helionix avionics – the most modern and safe avionics suite
- Vortex Ring State protections
- Automatic takeoff (vertical and rearward takeoff assistance)
- First Limit Indicator containing TRQ, N1 and TOT limits combined in an intuitive pilot display
- Realistic normal procedures (checklists) included
- Synthetic Vision System on all 4 MFDs is supported without restriction
- Map display options including the ability to use any OpenStreetMap/slippy tile provider you may choose
- Maps are combined with sim flight plan, OSM underlay, and weather or HTAWS (Height Above Terrain) overlay
- Maps operate in light or dark mode
- Fully functional weather radar
- Online weather service available on the tablet and DMAP system
- Included Tablet with powerful apps including LittleNavMap moving map, Neofly, Documents library, Maps, utilities & games
- Stream video and websites with our exclusive EFBConnect app for PC
- Integrated Garmin GTN750 (pms50) or the TDS GTNXi (TDS Sim Software)
- CMA9000 FMS coming after launch
- Add custom key bindings for over 400 cockpit actions (no extra software required)
- Home Cockpit friendly with L:Vars and H:Events for almost all functionality
- Great for both IFR and VFR flight
Powerful 4-axis Autopilot
- State of the art auto-flight control system with Stability Augmentation System (SAS)
- GTC: Ground trajectory command: Maintain longitudinal and lateral ground speed. So called “follow the boat” mode
- GTC.H: Ground trajectory command with hover: This is an automatic hover mode which will acquire a position and maintain it in crosswinds up to the aircraft limit of 30kt
- LOC/GS APP/V.APP: Traditional precision approach and GPS approach modes
- Fully capable of flying a hands-off ILS-to-minimums approach
- Automatic level-off when approaching the ground to avoid Controlled Flight into Terrain
- Beep Trim (traditional trim mode and AFCS mode)
- AFCS and SAS may also be disengaged for a more challenging flight regime
Helicopter Flight Model
- Native MSFS Helicopter flight model augmented with our proprietary AFCS and Vortex Ring State augmentation.
- The HPG H160 uses an advanced Stability Augmentation System (SAS) to stabilize the helicopter using computer controlled actuators
- Support for All-Engines-Operative, One-Engine-Inoperative or Autorotation flight condition
- Operate in both Realistic and Arcade modes – enjoy with a controller or higher end hardware
- Realistic turbine, rotor, cabin, alert, floats deployment and environmental sounds
- Doors mixed with environment and exterior sounds when open or removed
- More than 60 custom sounds included