For existing users of Imaginesim Atlanta Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator, the developer released a free update of the scenery, bringing major overhauls to the scenery. The news was shared via the Imaginesim’s Facebook page just about an hour ago.
Imaginesim says that this updated version brings a significant overhaul to the scenery and it was rebuilt using the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK (Software Development Kit) compiler. This means, that the scenery is also better optimised and there are “literally thousands of improvements.”
According to the developer, the performance hit should no longer be as significant even with a lot of traffic and clutter surrounding Atlanta Airport.
Among the changes done to the scenery, we can find a new custom SafeGateTM Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS), that is going to improve your on-ground experience, especially during preparation and parking. There are also numerous new 3D models, custom jetways and animations, overhauled landscaping and PBR and even new scenery cache loading, ultimately resulting in better performance.
Imaginesim covered around 15 square miles of the Atlanta Airport area, including the surroundings. If you need to get better performance, you may also use the Imaginesim’s custom Operations Center.
Imaginesim Atlanta Feature List
- Fantastic performance with comprehensive optimization.
- New modelling and thousands of other improvements.
- Custom interactive SafeGateTM Visual Docking Guidance (VDGS).
- New landscaping, PBR and terrain modelling.
- Fluid usage, even with complex airliner cockpits and high-density AI coverage.
- Interactive bespoke jetways and animations.
- Instantaneous scenery cache loading and low simulator impact.
- 15 square mile coverage of the KATL area.
- Graduated ground extremities to seamlessly blend with any vector-driven add-on.
- Utilizes Imaginesim’s bespoke Operations Center configuration GUI.