In a post on their Facebook page, iniBuild’s scenery development division iniScene has announced their works on what they claimed will be their most scenic creation yet – Queenstown Airport (NZQN) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Once the scenery is released, we can expect a price of about €12.87 with taxes excluded. It will feature, for example, hand-made ground polygons with bespoke texture sets, true-to-life airport landside recreation with custom ground decals, or hand-placed vegetation.
Further, real-world 1m mesh data will be imported to MSFS for the best terrain accuracy as well as 30cm/px satellite imagery will be included which has been corrected and colour blended to the default imagery.
No release date information was given by the developers. The announcement post only said it is “Coming soon“.
Queenstown Airport (NZQN) is an international airport serving the resort town of Queenstown on the southern island of New Zealand. It is the fourth busiest airport in New Zealand by passenger traffic. The airport is located nearby a mountainous region allowing a very scenic approach and departures. The runway is also narrower and shorter than normal making it also a difficult airport to land in, especially when this factor is combined together with the nearby mountainous region.
- Hand-made ground polygons with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- Over 700 hand-placed custom car models
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible and enable compatibility with Xbox
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Real-world 1m mesh data imported to MSFS
- Compatibility with Orbx New Zealand Mesh for MSFS
- Hand-placed, high-definition vegetation, signage, ground clutter, vehicles, handling objects and more which have been custom-modelled in house by the iniScene team
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Over 50 individual custom made airport and surrounding buildings to a high level of detail
- Main airport terminal interior with lighting and custom objects
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- 30cm/px satellite imagery which has been hand corrected and colour blended to MSFS’ Bing satellite data