Just Flight have taken to Facebook to preview their progress being made for the Fokker F28 Fellowship regional jet for P3D. The preview screenshots reflect just how much work is going into this particular aircraft especially in terms of the base textures of the cockpit and exterior PBRs.
As well as making use of newer technologies such as PBR materials, Just Flight have also incorporated TFDi RealLight and TrueGlass resulting in precise and lifelike visuals. Also featured are realistic animations for cargo and passenger doors, spoilers, wing brake and dynamic wing flex.
The cockpit itself is modelled to reflect wear and tear with added flight dynamics allowing for a highly captivating simulator experience. Switches, knobs and buttons are highly detailed and fully functional. The eventual release will come with four variants ranging from Mk 1000 to Mk 4000.
The Fokker F28 is a short range, twin engine, jet airliner first released as the Mk 1000 in 1967. This aircraft also features a T-tail design with the engines mounted on the rear of the plane. It can carry between 50 and 85 passengers depending on the variant. Production of the F28 ceased in 1987.
No release date or pricing has yet been announced.
- Four variants of the F28 Fellowship:
– F28 Mk 1000
– F28 Mk 2000
– F28 Mk 3000
– F28 Mk 4000
- Accurately modelled using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Realistic animations including all passenger, service and cargo doors, control surfaces and mechanisms, distinctive spoilers and tail-mounted airbrake
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft
- Realistic wing-flex
- PBR materials (requires P3D v4.4 or later)
- Custom ground equipment (GPU, cones and chocks)
- Optional engine hush kits
- TFDi RealLight and TrueGlass integration
- Captain, Co-Pilot and jump seat positions modelled with nearly all switches, knobs and levers animated and functional
- A truly 3D cockpit environment right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Custom-coded hydraulic, electrical, engine bleed, fuel and pressurisation systems
- Authentic gauges and navigational equipment, including RMI (VOR/ADF) and HSI
- Realistic autopilot system including pitch and IAS hold modes, and navigation hold mode that can be linked to the FSX/P3D flight plan
- Custom-coded weather radar with Active Sky integration
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight including engine start
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between ‘cold & dark’ or ‘ready for take-off’
- Many features have been added to help with usability such as the ability to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead and centre pedestal
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
The F28 Fellowship will be supplied with a range of liveries from around the world, reflecting its wide and varied airline service.
- Realistic flight dynamics for each variant based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from real-world F28 crew
- Authentic Rolls-Royce Spey engine sound set with custom cockpit sounds
- Multiple interior and exterior viewpoints, including wing views
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes