Developer Milviz (Military Visualizations) in cooperation with vFlyteAir today announced new aircraft coming soon to X-Plane 11.
The original DHC-3 Otter ceased production in 1967. Since then many of these sturdy bush planes have had their 600HP Wasp radials swapped out for a more powerful turboprop power plant thus improving reliability and performance. Our Turbo Otter features a Pratt and Whitney 750 HP PT6A-34 turbine and is based on the typical Viking or Vazar conversion with included STOL kit. In looks and performance, it brings the Otter right up to date.
Turbo Otters like their radial predecessors are used extensively across all types of flights: charters, tourist work, cargo, and scheduled service, flying passengers and bulky loads deep into the bush, to airfields that would be impossible for most other aircraft.
- Professionally created & tuned, high fidelity flight model including accurate characteristics specific to the DHC-3T.
- Four Body Configurations – Standard Wheels, Floats, Amphibious Floats, Skis, each with individually tuned flight models.
- Multiple loadout configurations, with passengers and cargo. Selectable cargo includes an externally mounted canoe!
- Custom coded and meticulously modeled PT6-34
- Custom electrical system with display of electrical load and operable circuit breakers.
- Custom over-boosting cumulative damage simulation.
- Unique flap operation which simulates the usage of the manually operated hydraulic pump and selector on the DHC-3T.
- Realistic locked / powered / free-castoring tailwheel simulation.
- Icing effects on airframe and static instruments fully simulated.
- Custom FMOD sound design by SimAcoustics
- Richly detailed cabin with beautiful high resolution textures and smoothly animated gauges.
- Realistic and fully adjustable cabin and instrument lighting.
- Authentic sound environment, inside and out.
- Ability to completely hide yoke and column for ease of access to important switches and controls.
- Professionally created liveries based on or inspired by real world aircraft.
- Available layer-based paintkit for creating your own liveries.
- Detailed & educational flight manual.
- Yoke Lock
- Accurately modelled pump operated flaps.
- Power Lever with Beta Gate.
- Condition Lever with safety guard.
- Accurately modelled Emergency Power Lever.
- Tailwheel Lock Switch.
- Fuel Transfer Switch.
There aren’t any informations about the release date, but we know the price – 39,99 USD.
If you want to purchase DHC-3T Turbo Otter XP, you can do so on Milviz official store.