Milviz recently shared an update of their DC-3T with us. This update contains some new features and improvements to the aircraft.
Main features of this update are new portable oxygen system, that allows crew to avoid hypoxia above 10 500 feet and pilot’s headphones can be clicked to use them.
There are some improvements to the aircraft, especially for the autopilot. Autopilot tracking is more accurate, KAP 140 autopilot uses the HDG bug and more. There are some bug fixes included in this update. Elevator trim animations has been corrected, exhaust smoke is now placed properly and incorrect minimum and maximum propeller rotation has been fixed. You can get more information from the lists down below.
- New portable oxygen system allows crew to avoid hypoxia at above 10,500′ MSL. Turn on/off the oxygen by clicking on the oxygen bottle valve.
- Pilot headphones can be clicked to “wear” them. Reduces ambient sound levels with headphones on.
Autopilot tracking more accurate
- Autopilot tracking more accurate
- The KAP 140 autopilot now uses the HDG bug on the directional gyro for tracking NAV signals (VOR radials and localizers).
IMPORTANT! Be sure to set the HDG bug to the desired front course after engaging NAV, APR or REV modes. If you do not select
the correct front course on the DG HDG bug, the autopilot will not track the NAV signal correctly. Be sure that the directional
gyro is synchronized with the magnetic compass!
- The KAP 140 autopilot now has a realistic PreFlight Test startup mode
- The KAP 140 autopilot screens is arranged more accurately per the real instrument. Active modes are displayed
on the top row of the screen, and Armed modes are displayed on the bottom row.
- If the user has “Remove flying surfaces when over speed or over G limits” option turned on, the flying surfaces will be removed
- Flaps geometry and elevator geometry changed to provide more control during take-off and landing
- Right elevator tab is now a servo tab. Left elevator tab operates as an “anti-servo” tab
- Elevator trim tab animations reversed to be correct direction of movement
- Generator switch is now the top-most toggle switch on the fuse panel behind the copilot seat
- Rain drops on starboard side rear door window now flow in the correct direction
- Exhaust smoke now properly located
- Fixed incorrect maximum and minimum propeller rotation speeds