In the last development update, made on the 12th of March, Microsoft Flight Simulator Team has mentioned the dates at which we should expect new deliverables. Yesterday, due to the health concerns of the team, the release of them was delayed by a few weeks.
- POSTPONED – EPISODE 8 (Multiplayer) will be released.
- POSTPONED – DR roadmap preview for April/May will be released. (potentially delayed)
- POSTPONED – EPISODE 7 (IFR) will be released.
- POSTPONED – Partnership Series update will be released.
- POSTPONED – Feedback Snapshot update.
There have been a number of discussions in the community regarding Alpha build access recently.
MSFS team has shared, that their top 3 tasks regarding Alpha participation are:
- Ensure that everyone that received an acceptance email has access to the Alpha.
- Ensure that those that registered early for pre-release build testing, have access to the Alpha.
- Assess Alpha participation options for adding more people as quickly as possible.
alpha build update
MSFS team has been working hard on adding new features to the alpha build. Few of them being, for example, Cessna 152 being added, added training missions or added Groups to multiplayer. Adding a friend so you can see them on the world map should also be possible.
- We’ve added Groups to multiplayer, and while still early in development you should be able to Add Friends and find them on the world map, and click to join them.
- We’ve added Training Missions for those who are new to Flight Simulator. These missions will take you through the Basic Controls, Attitudes and Instruments, and Take-off, Level flight and Landing.
- The Cessna 152 has been added and is now cleared for takeoff
- We’ve added Live Events which are time-limited activities that we plan to switch out with different events frequently.
- Peripherals Support has been improved, and more devices added. Please note that due to these changes, previous mappings from the Alpha will no longer work with the current Alpha.
- We are hard at work prepping the airliners for release in the next Alpha update!
- Training missions
- Cessna 152
- Sedona Landing Challenge
PLANE SPECIFIC UPDATES
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000) hasbeen improved for flight controls and instruments
- DA40 TDI instrumentation improvements
- DA62 has improved pilot controls
- DA62 instrumentation improvements
- Beechcraft Bonanza G36 issues glass cockpits improvements
- TBM 930 flight controls improved
- TBM 930 instrumentation improved
- TBM 930 animations have been updated
The original post can be found here.