MSK Productions have recently released their rendition of Islamabad International Airport (OPIS) for X-Plane 11. Being the third scenery, out of a total of twenty for all major platforms, to be released by the developer for X-Plane 11, it offers what a flight simmer would expect from modern scenery.
Including, for example, high-resolution textures, accurate taxiway signage, or animated jetways using SAM suite, or, as the developer wrote, an extremely detailed interior of the airport terminal.
Additionally, custom night textures and lighting is present in the scenery together with animated vehicles and PBR textures on the taxiways and runways.
As an interesting fact, the scenery does not only cover the Islamabad International Airport (OPIS), but Benazir Bhutto International Airport (OPRN) as well. For those unfamiliar with the airport (OPIS), it is a defunct airport which formerly served the capital city of Pakistan, but was in 2018 replaced by Islamabad International Airport (OPIS).
The airport is nowadays used by Pakistan Air Force and other dignitaries and VIP flights so they don’t need to go through the main airport.
The scenery can be purchased through SimMarket for €19.90 without taxes included.
- All major airport buildings included
- High resolution models and textures
- Taxiway signs, and other small details
- Numerous static objects such as service vehicles, buses and aircrafts (some static aircraft are not included due to copyright issues but are freely available)
- Very detailed taxiways and runways (Along with PBR technology)
- Night Textures and lights
- 3D approach and taxiway lights
- General aviation parking area
- Created for best performance
- Very good frame rate
- Animated Jetways (SAM jetways) & VDGS
- Animated Vehicles
- Extremely detailed interior