In a post on their Facebook page, Nimbus Sim has announced the release of their rendition of Washington Dulles Intl. (KIAD) for X-Plane. It is one of Nimbus’ most anticipated releases.
The scenery includes many features such as terminals with 3D interior and people, HDR lights, night lighting and high-quality vehicles with PBR material. The information screens even show time, pressure, temperature, destination airport, departure time and the amount of delay. The full feature list can be found below.
Dulles International Airport is an international airport located not far from Washington downtown. It is United’s hub and is considered the region’s main international airport, with a multitude of international flights.
This scenery is available for purchase through the X-Plane.org store for $29.95. The developer stated that the scenery will be compatible with X-Plane 12. The upgrade will be free of charge.
- Terminals with 3D interior and people
- HDR lights
- New 4K textures with PBR materials.
- Night lighting
- Ground textures with PBR materials
- High quality vehicles with PBR material
- 3D trees
- Parking lots full of cars
- Ground markings on each gate and runway
- Files for empty airport or static planes
- GroundTraffic (plugin by Marginal)
- AutoGate plugin with custom highly detailed jetways (plugin by Marginal)
- Animated people inside the terminals
- Information screens that shows time, pressure, temperature, destination airport, departure time, delay and the amount of delay
- People mover
- Detailed tarmac textures from up close or far out
- High quality new vehicles and miscellaneous objects
In order to ensure friendly environment for everyone, we outlined a few simple rules that need to be followed when participating in discussions in the comment section under each post. It's nothing complicated: keep the comments English, avoid vulgarisms, offensive language, abusive behaviour, creating or participating in arguments, trolling, or self-promotion.