A well-known developer Orbx responsible for many sceneries for Prepar3D and X-Plane 11 like Innsbruck, East midlands or the Global Range packs, has announced their work on a rendition of Alesund Vigra airport (ENAL) for Prepar3D.
The airport itself is located at the north coast of Norway. The developer introduced this scenery as “gateway to Fjords” on the Orbx forums. With the announcement, the developer shared some screenshots of the scenery, coverage map, and, of course, some of the features.
Speaking about the features, the scenery will have PBR textures with up to 4k resolution, incredible 7cm per pixel ortho imagery, ultra-HD unique GSE, boats and vehicles exclusive for Alesund, numerous custom POIs including Subsea 7 North Sea Spoolbase and Giske Bridge, hand-placed autogen, compatibility with Orbx FTX products and Prepar3D v4 & v5 simulators, and much more.
Now something short about the airport. It is a major Norwegian airport serving numerous destinations across Europe with low-cost and charter flights, most common aircraft there are A320, 737s, CRJ, ATR or Dash-8, the airport is connecting with major Scandinavian airports such as Bergen, Oslo, Copenhagen, Trondheim, Scandinavian Mountains, Gothenburg, Arlanda and more.
- Complete depiction of Ålesund Vigra Airport, Norwayand surrounding islands
- Ultra high-detail rendition of the the airport, with advanced materials including PBR, up to 4k resolution
- Incredible 7cm ground imagery around the airport
- Extensive coverage area at 60cm, encompassing Vigra, Lepsøya, Valderøya, Giske, Godøya, Ellingsøya and Gamlemsveten
- Ultra-HD unique GSE, boats and vehicles designed by Finn exclusively for Ålesund
- Extended coverage area including custom 10m DEM, re-worked coastlines, roads, landclass and more
- Numerous POI, including the Subsea 7 North Sea Spoolbase and Giske Bridge
- Hand-placed autogen & complete seasonal variations
- Advanced 3D snow tech around the airport
- Popular tourist destination, served by legacy & LCC carriers with the NGX, A320, ATR72, Dash-8 and more.
- A short hop to other Orbx favourites such as Notodden, Hammerfest, Scandinavian Mountains Airport and Gothenburg
- Designed for P3Dv4 & P3Dv5 to blend seamlessly with Orbx Norway or Global Base
- Carefully optimized for very high performance using the latest techniques
- The latest major project from Norwegian developer Finn Hansen(Notodden/Hammerfest/Gisborne)
The developer, for now, didn’t share any more information regarding, for example, the release date or compatibility with X-Plane 11. The source of this article can be found on Orbx forums.