Major developer, Orbx, have previewed their next destination in their Landmarks series: Brisbane Landmarks for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
In developing this major Australian city, Orbx have included four highly detailed custom landmarks, specifically, the Brisbane Skytower, the Gabba and Suncorp Stadiums, and the Riverside Expressway bridge system..
The developers also feature another 125 medium-detail landmarks , as well as major work done on terraforming that should enhance the look of the simulator. The Port of Brisbane has also been faithfully represented, with enhancements made to marinas, the estuary, moored boats and ferries, among other things.
This scenery has been optimised to work with the forthcoming Brisbane Airport (YBBN) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Currently in beta, Orbx expect to release this addon later this month.
Brisbane is the capital of Queensland, and is the most populated city in the state. It is known for its laidback lifestyle, arts and culture.
- 4 high-detail custom landmarks: Brisbane Skytower, The Gabba and Suncorp Stadiums, Riverside Expressway bridge system
- 125 medium-detail custom landmarks, providing a comprehensive Brisbane skyline while balancing quality and performance
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Enhancements to the Brisbane River between downtown and the estuary: marinas, moored boats, CityCat ferries, New Farm Riverwalk, etc.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Brisbane (Fisherman Island) and adjacent tank farms and industrial areas
- Custom orthoimagery with partially exposed tidal sandbars and wetlands east of YBBN and south of Fisherman Island
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography
- Perfectly matched with our upcoming YBBN Brisbane Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator