Orbx has been working hard recently to ensure their products are compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator. They were the first to release a number of airports and a Landmark package. But they were not finished yet. Today, they released another scenery: Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (KSBA), in the Southern Californian mountains.
Santa Barbara is served by short and medium-haul airliners, like the CRJ or A320. The airport is also very suitable for general aviation traffic, as it has two 4200′ GA runways next to a 6000′ main one. Orbx spent a lot of time optimizing the performance of the airport while maintaining a high-quality standard. The addon is an “ultra-detailed” rendition of the real-life counterpart. It features dynamic lighting all over the airport. Even the terminal interior is modelled. A full feature list can be found below the screenshots.
- Ultra-detailed rendition of KSBA Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- A beautiful rendition of the terminal, including interior modelling for maximum depth
- Located in default photogrammetry area
- Complete dynamic & emissive night lighting
- Custom vegetation and trees native to the area
- Ultra high-definition GSE
- High detail, weather influenced ground poly covering both airside and landside
- Strongly optimized for good performance with complex aircraft types
- The perfect base in Southern California for both airliner and GA operations
- Developed by Misha Cajic