Ed Correia, Orbx Head of Operations, has today announced via Orbx forums an imminent release of OpenLC Africa for FSX/P3D. Orbx has done a great job updating us on the development by posting previews of the product via their forums quite frequently, last time yesterday.
openLC Africa is a truly a revolutionary overhaul of your simulator, opening up a vast new region of the world for simmers to discover. Covering a huge number of countries, Africa is home to some of the most diverse and varied landscapes on the planet.
OpenLC Africa feature, for example, 6GB of new landclass textures, all seasons, over 30 million km sq of new landclass or 7 photoreal areas of famous mountains and craters. As usual, the complete feature list can be seen below.
openLC Africa transforms the landclass in your sim to better match the real-world, and provide a much richer experience for detail as you fly over the stunning landscape
The scenery can be purchased via the Orbx website at a discount (until 1 April 2020) for approx. €25.73
- Over 30 million km sq of new landclass
- 6GB of new landclass textures!
- Greatly reduced texture repetition
- Additional vector landclass data for 216,000 settlements
- All seasons depicted
- Includes optional LED city night lighting
- Made for Orbx Global and Vector
- Includes 76m mesh
- 7 photoreal areas of famous mountains and craters
The original forum post can be found here.