Orbx today announced via their forums and Facebook page a new product coming to their TrueEarth US series. The scenery will feature nearly 1,000 points of interest (POI), over 200,000 km2 of aerial imagery in 1m/px resolution in HD version, and 2m/px resolution in the SD version. The full feature list can be seen below.
In terms of the storage needed, the HD version will need 212GB and the SD version 53GB of space.
If you want to read the full forum post, feel free to read it here (orbxsystems.com).
You can enlarge the images by clicking on them.
- 212,000 km2 of hand-corrected/cleaned aerial imagery in 1m/px resolution (HD version) or 2m/px resolution (SD version)
- Millions of individual autogen trees/shrubs, grouped by type and hand-corrected for maximum realism across the entire region
- Explore and soar over the stunning San Francisco Cityscape crafted with full PBR effects
- Nearly 1,000 custom PBR POIs placed around the state; including San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, Silicon Valley and many, many more.
- All major cities accurately modeled, including SFO, Sacramento, San Jose, Oakland, Monterey, Fresno, Redding and many others.
- Millions of themed and efficient PBR autogen buildings placed to match the aerial imagery across the entire region
- Ultra detailed elevation mesh sourced from 10m DEM to bring out great detail in the coastline and mountains
- Beautiful hand-cleaned water-masking, which blends in beautifully
- Many marinas have hand-placed 3D boats added
- Blends in seamlessly with TrueEarth US Oregon and the upcoming TrueEarth US Southern California (in development) to provide even more US coverage