Announced back in mid-January this year, Origami Studios have yesterday confirmed, that their rendition of Gatwick Airport (EGKK) for X-Plane 11 is scheduled to be released on February 12th, 2021.
And although the price is yet no public, the feature list was made available through the iniBuilds Store. Based on that, the scenery will offer custom colour-corrected orthoimagery compatible with Orbx’s TrueEarth product range, custom 3D buildings around the airport, PBR ground textures, or custom realistic HDR lighting, for example.
Furthermore, we can expect an airport layout from 2019-2020 with optional 3D grass and tailored compatibility with JustFlight Traffic Global. Of course, with the up to date layout, the new Boeing hangar, Pier 6 extension construction, and the new A380 gate will be present in the scenery.
The scenery will be able to be purchased through the iniBuilds Store for a yet unknown price on February 12th, 2021.
Gatwick Airport (EGKK) is an international airport located just south of Central London in England, United Kingdom. With over 46 million passengers annually, it is the second busiest airport in the United Kingdom, and the ninth-busiest in Europe. It serves as a hub for British Airways, and as a focus airport for easyJet, TUI Airways, and Norwegian Air Shuttle.
- PBR high-quality ground textures
- Custom 3D terminal buildings, including complex high-quality renditions of north and south terminal
- Updated 2019 – 2020 layout including new Boeing hanger, new A380 gate and Pier 6 extension constructions
- Custom colour-corrected orthoimagery
- HDR lighting with realistic representation of new LED installations
- Custom SAM Jetways
- Custom Safegates based off published data
- Animated airstairs (Remote stands only)
- Animated groundtraffic, including Gatwick Shuttle and local Network Rail connections
- Tailored compatibility for JustFlight Traffic Global
- Optional “Follow the green” red stopbars
- Optional 3D Grass