Being their first scenery release for Microsoft Flight Simulator by PILOT’S, Cedar Key Airport (KCDK) is a rather small airport serving the city of Cedar Key in Florida, United States. The release announcement was made through the developer’s Facebook Page.
The scenery features 4K textures, accurate airport layout from 2020/2021, realistic shadows, custom night lighting, detailed water-marking for the airport vicinity, or custom buildings not only in the airport area, for example.
Furthermore, the developer promises great performance and high framerates as well as 3D custom vegetation and over 64 square kilometres of photoreal imagery together with dynamic airport environment. The complete feature list can be found below.
The scenery can be purchased through the PILOT’S website for €14.95.
- For the brand-new Microsoft Flight Simulator
- 4K resolution textures
- Accurate representation of the 2020/2021 Cedar Key Airport layout
- Practice landing on the very challenging approach to the shortest paved public runway in Florida
- Both runways feature a displaced threshold
- No room for error, there is water in the immediate vicinity of both runway ends
- 64+ square kilometers photoreal
- Moving boat traffic featuring yachts and other watercraft
- 3D grass/trees custom vegation
- Realistic shadow rendition
- Special night light shadows textures
- Zeit-Dynamic scenery features create a unique and ever-changing airport environment
- Detailed water-masking for the airport vicinity
- Custom buildings for surrounding areas and lots of custom objects
- .) Fully optimized design for great performance and high frame rates
- .) And more …