PMDG has today formally announced a long-awaited Cargo Expansion package for the 737NGXu for Prepar3D v4 and v5. The announcement was made via the PMDG Forums together with some information about the 737 BBJ/BBJ2 Expansion, 777-200ER progress, and 737NG3 for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
The post has begun with information about 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. It has been made clear, that the work is painfully slow, and that the current release date is expected to be in following period: Q4 2020 – Q2 2021.
Regarding the 737 BBJ/BBJ2 Expansion, testing phase should begin later this week, or the following week. PMDG is also about to set strategy to get the 777-200ER package moving. There was nothing more specific shared.
Now, finally, to the article subject, 737NGXu Cargo Expansion has been announced. The package will feature a total of five aircraft variants. The list, that can be seen below has been copied from the original post.
- 737-700 BDSF (BeDeck Special Freighter) with blended winglets
- 737-800 BDSF with either blended winglets or split scimitar winglets
- 737-800BCF (Boeing Converted Freighter) with either blended winglets or split scimitar winglets.
The Cargo Expansion will feature custom ground handling equipment, animated cargo presence, modified EFB, system logic changes, or enhanced flight physics together with improved flight control systems. The complete feature list can be found below.
When available, you will be able to purchase the product via the PMDG website for $29.99.
- All new system simulation, utilizing the latest PMDG system simulation engine.
- Enhanced flight physics.
- Addition of rigid body physics to wing and tail surfaces.
- Improved flight control systems.
- Electronic Flight Bag with Navigraph Integration.
- High resolution cockpit displays
- New equipment options for cockpit instrumentation, fuel system changes and more.
- Changes to 737 options packages reflecting real world changes since NGX was first offered in 2011.
- Expanded failures simulation to cover nearly all QRH scenarios.
- PMDG Global Flight Operations compatibility (when PMDG GFO is made live in 2020!)
- Native PMDG datalink simulation for offline flying (similar to 777 and 747)
- PMDG’s enhanced light package for the virtual cockpit.
- Driveable pushback tug.
- This package includes 737-700 BDSF, 737-800 BDSF and BCF models with differences and details accurate to their real-world counterparts.
- Cargo-aircraft specific ground equipment and operating features.
- All new external models, with PBR texturing, enhanced animations and more.
- All new virtual cockpit model, with high detail PBR texturing, advanced animations and more.
- All new, high definition sound suite recorded on a fully instrumented test airplane.
- Enhanced PMDG Sound Engine for immersive audio experience on the flight deck.
- New PMDG Operations Center 2.0