PMDG has released the long-awaited update for their rendition of the Boeing 777 together with the 200ER expansion. This update also brings the compatibility of this aircraft to Prepar3D v5.
The major update of this aircraft is free for all current customers who own Boeing 777 by PMDG. However, the price has been increased to be comparable to the price of the Boeing 747 – $139.99 or approximately €116.
The main features of this 777 update are PBR textures, official Prepar3D v5 compatibility, an EFB in the cockpit, all-new flight dynamics, and systems comparable to the NGXu and 747 v3, for example. It is as well important to mention, that with the new features, the aircraft is no longer compatible with Prepar3D v3.
In regards, to the 200ER expansion, it offers its users features such as enhanced flight physics, fully fetured fly-by-wire simulation, improved systems, all-new external models featuring PBR texturuing, new soundpack, or custom ground equipment, for example. Furthermore, three engine variants are present in the expansion – GE90, RR Trent, PW4094.
Feature list (200ER Expansion)
As mentioned, the major update of the 77 is for current customers free of charge. However, the 777-200ER expansion is available at the price tag of $78, or €65, and can be purchased through the PMDG website.
- In-depth simulation, utilizing the latest PMDG system simulation engine.
- Enhanced flight physics.
- Fully featured fly-by-wire simulation.
- Rigid body physics to wing and tail surfaces.
- Improved flight control systems.
- Electronic Flight Bag with Navigraph Integration.
- High-resolution cockpit displays
- New equipment options for cockpit instrumentation, engine differences, and more.
- Changes to 777 options packages reflecting real-world changes since PMDG 777 was initially released in 2013.
- Expanded failures simulation to cover nearly all QRH scenarios.
- PMDG Global Flight Operations compatibility (when PMDG GFO is made live in 2021!)
- Native PMDG datalink simulation for offline flying.
- Driveable pushback tug.
- This package includes 777-200ER with GE90, RR Trent, and PW4094 series engines.
- Ground equipment and operating features.
- All new external models, with PBR texturing, enhanced animations, and more.
- All-new, high definition sound suite.
- Enhanced PMDG Sound Engine for immersive audio experience on the flight deck.
- New PMDG Operations Center 2.0