PMDG, a well-known Prepar3D aircraft developer responsible for a wide range of Boeing aircraft, mainly their 737, 777 and 747, has released their very first rendition for Microsoft Flight Simulator – DC-6.
The information about this release has been announced a few days ago, when the CEO of PMDG, Robert Randazzo, has announced that DC-6 has left the development stage. Today, the aircraft has been released and is even on sale right now.
The Douglas DC-6 is a four-engine turboprop aircraft, developed and constructed by Douglas Aircraft back in 1946 to 1958. It was mainly used as civil aircraft and was first used by United Airlines in April 1947.
The aircraft features a wide range of functions, and it is the first study-level aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator. In the rendition, we can find features such as fully interactive dynamic cockpit, ramp manager, fuel and loadout manager, Artificial Flight Engineer or AFE, realistic fuel system, immersive soundset and much more.
There are also a wide range of liveries available through the well-known PMDG Operations Center, which is included with the purchase. The package also includes documentation of the aircraft and various manuals, to make your work easier and more enjoyable.
You can get this aircraft through the PMDG website for $59.99. As there is, as mentioned, a sale going on now, you can get it for $54.99.
- Numerous free liveries available via the PMDG Operations Center, which is included with your purchase.
- Package includes both the DC-6A and DC-6B aircraft in multiple, historic variations.
- Package includes full documentation describing the aircraft, its systems and operation, along with flight planning data.
- Package includes a full tutorial, and free access to online video tutorials via youtube.
- Automated Flight Engineer to assist with flying and learning the airplane.
- Multiple optional configurations to vary the complexity of the simulation to suit the user’s tastes and preferences.
- Compatible only with Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Compatible with either/both Microsoft Flight Simulator purchased in the Microsoft Store, or on Steam.
- This product requires a live connection to the internet for installation.
- This simulation is for personal, entertainment use only and may not be used for training or currency.
- External models of DC-6A
- Fully interactive dynamic virtual cockpit
- Ramp manager
- Maintanance manager
- Engine damage vizualiser
- Realism options
- Realistic animations
- Highly realistic engine flight model
- Realistic fuel system
- AC/DC electrical bus system
- Immersive soundset