Through a post on the official Prepar3D website, the developers have announced the release of a new hotfix for the simulator. As it’s a hotfix, it primarily focuses on fixing various issues the developers came across since the initial Prepar3D v5.3 release.
The simulator was, for example, optimized further by removing several unused textures. Additionally, the Enhanced Atmospherics was enhanced to avoid stars dimming in particular conditions, and performance was improved when processing vector shape data.
As you can already witness, it is largely a technical hotfix. In case you would like to take a look through the entire changelog yourself, you can do that down in the article.
The new hotfix can be downloaded through your account on the Prepar3D website. If Prepar3D is currently installed on your machine, it is recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in the simulator’s installation directory after installing the hotfix.
If you want to purchase the simulator, you can do so through the official website for $59.95 for the Academic license.
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed issue causing intermittent stuttering and performance drops in some cases.
- Fixed issue causing atmospheric scattering to be misaligned from the sun position in some cases.
- Improved performance when processing vector shape data.
- Fixed issue causing stars to be dim when Enhanced Atmospherics is disabled.
- Improved HTML5 panel performance.
- Fixed bug where having mouse yoke active when entering full screen would keep mouse cursor confined to window’s previous size.
- Fixed crash when reloading a scenario after entering and exiting VR using HTML5 infogen.
- Added documentation for new affinity mask capabilities.
- Fixed issue preventing visual runway approaches from being available for all runways.
- Fixed issue where OpenDIS VariableDatum class did not support more than 128 bytes of data.
- Added acceleration to DIS Entity State PDU.
Content Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed issue preventing HIMARS textures from displaying correctly.
Scenery Fixes and Improvements
- Removed several unused textures.
- Fixed position of PAKT runway.