Piper PA-31T Cheyenne II (PA31T) is a turboprop aircraft manufactured by Piper Aircraft based in Vero Beach, Florida with a range up to 2,739 km (1,702 miles). The aircraft can handle up to eight people including two crew members.
Carenado has two versions of PA31T, one for X-Plane 11, and second for Prepar3D and Microsoft Flight Simulator X. This review is about the X-Plane 11 version of it.
Carenado did a very good job modelling this aircraft since it looks great. The aircraft includes very nice reflections and dynamic lightning. In comparison with the real aircraft, the in-game one looks exactly the same. I can’t complain.
Let’s start with the cockpit, the cockpit is very well done. As you can see on the screenshots below, the instruments are accurate to real aircraft and look great in-game. I found one thing that should be solved in terms of the cockpit, and that is the way how some things work in the cockpit, I know it’s more realistic, but there should be an option to click the button instead of moving your mouse to right and hoping that the parking brake will apply. Otherwise very detailed and nice cockpit.
In terms of the cabin, it’s very well modelled and designed. Although you spend most of the time in the cockpit, it’s nice having a cabin behind you, even more, if the cabin is looking as good as this one.
Most Carenado aircrafts come with custom ground equipment, and this one is no exception. Within the UI you can control the static elements (chocks, cones, engine covers) and doors (passenger and baggage). As you can see below, the static elements are very detailed.
Even if you have slower machines, you will not have a problem running this aircraft. I was using this aircraft a lot and I didn’t experience any FPS drops. Very well optimized aircraft.
In conclusion, if you already have some experience with GA aviation and you want to move on a new level, this one is probably the best option. The price tag is equal to the value and the aircraft is not hard to control. Great aircraft by Carenado!
If you want to purchase this aircraft, you can do so here. (not an affiliate link)
- Version 1.2
- High-end 4k PBR (Physically-based Rendering) graphics throughout, with ultra-realistic materials rendition (Dynamic reflections, realistic metal and dielectric materials, etc.)
- Custom KFC300 autopilot with detachable pop-up window
- Rain effect support*
- In-depth FMOD sound design implementation, including atmospheric distance effects, realistic prop effects, etc.
- RealityXP GTN750 support (with 3D panel display support)**
- Extensive VR support with snap points in every passenger seat (All knobs, buttons, dials, handles, etc. also optimized for VR usage)
- End-user customizable via Manifest.json file.
- Goodway compatible
- Engine and prop design re-authored completely for XP11.30’s new engine model
- Librain support also includes visual ice effects on windows.