Rex Simulations, a well-known Prepar3D environment developer, responsible for a highly popular SkyForce 3D add-on, has released Real Global Airport Textures for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The release was announced through their Facebook page.
Real Global Airport Textures offers new, photo-based PBR airport textures for all the default airports in Microsoft Flight Simulator. It promises to transform your flight simulation experience, using high-definition PBR textures with stunning visuals and accurate properties.
The add-on thus supports over 37000 airports worldwide. It offers different varieties of asphalt for taxiways, roads, all with or without damage. There are 28 different types of runway surfaces, realistic soiled aprons, surface bump mapping and the add-on is performance friendly.
The add-on can be bought through Rex website for $17.95.
- Over 1GB of extremely detailed textures replacing the entire default texture library
- Different varieties of asphalt (taxiways, roads, rough asphalt, striped asphalt with and without damage)
- Realistic soiled aprons, all types of worn and clean runways/taxiways and taxiway markings
- 28 different types of runway surfaces
- Detailed embellishments such as cracks, dirt, bump mapping, crack filler and grooves
- Different styles of photo-based tire skid and runway rubber markings and buildup to choose from; light or heavy use
- Different styles of taxiway markings to choose from; clean or used
- Multiple types of cracked asphalt with realistic crack filler, crack decals and gravel surfaces
- Full PBR support
- A multitude of variances consisting of tarmac, macadam, bitumen, concrete slab surfaces, concrete with realistic grooving
- Multiple types of cement, with and without damage
- Surface bump mapping and bituminous surfaces
- Realistic airport ground markings and colour
- Sandstone, sand, rubble mud, concrete gravel, moss and sand, ground soil surfaces, rocky and rough soil surfaces and surrounding grass surfaces
- Community folder integration
- FPS friendly