RWDesings, a developer responsible for an Airbus A330 for X-Plane 11, has updated their rendition of DHC-6 Twin Otter for the same simulator.
The information about this update was shared via the X-Plane.org Forums, showing off also a one screenshot of the G1000 cockpit, which was added in this update. For now, this G1000 version is only in default model, so it is not available in the float ski or tundra version. However, this is not the only change that has been made in this update. There were some improvements to the autopilot made, beta prop range has been added, and some issues like with manual ignition, overhead flight compartement switch toggle and more has been fixed.
– Added G1000 version
– Make autopilot ALT button behave as altitude arm allowing to intercept set altitude in IAS mode
– Add autopilot button lighting as per oeverhead light dial
– Allow autopilot altitude changes via x-plane commands refs/keybindings sim/autopilot/altitude_down|up
– Add beta prop range
– Make throttle levers move visually through reverse/BETA/alpha
– Fix developer log filling with “[SASL ERROR] can’t load component part_aa” when no livery selected
– Fix overhead Deicer Boots Inner/Out Wing switch
– Switch to x-plane’s new PT6 “Free N2 Turobrop” model, tweak Ng/Np speeds, change gauges to use N1/2_percent, tune starter
– Fix bus tie switch as “normal” cross_tie should be 1, 0 otherwise
– Fix lights and igniters to work if on external power
– Fix MANUAL IGNITION meaning always on, NORMAL meaning auto w/starter, ENG IGNITER are three state (L/Both/R) but INOP
– Fix overhead flight compartment switch toggle power to cabin lights
– Redesigned floats for better water handling
– Make autopilot ALT button set current indicated altitude if IAS mode is not engaged yet.
– Add invisible water rudder improving taxi with X-Plane’s limitations on water
– Rework autopilot buttons (light level, battery status)
– Add lighting to altitude selector, Nav, OBS, CRS knobs
– Fix texture of panel for spelling
– Fix texture of overhead ignitor switch
– Rework autopilot ALT button to allow to go into Altitude Arm, Hold, and out of hold successfully
– Recharge battery on external power (instant recharge allows startup of engines)
The source of this article can be found here.