ShortFinal Design has today released a major update for their freeware scenery of Boston International Airport (KBOS) for X-Plane 11. Covering not only the airport itself but the city of Boston as well, ShortFinal Design is well-known for releasing high-quality freeware sceneries for the community.
The new version of the scenery brings all-new 3D vegetation, updated airport layout, reworked ground textures and markings, improved orthoimagery, added rain and snow effects to ground, and added custom jetways using SAM plugins.
Additionally, extensions to terminals B and E were added as well as custom landmarks around the city, including Millenium tower, Four Seasons One Dalton, or National Grid gas tank.
The scenery can be downloaded through the X-Plane.org forums free of charge. You will though need a registered account on the forums in order to download the scenery.
Logan International Airport (KBOS) is the main airport serving the city of Boston, Massachusetts, United States. With over 40 million passengers annually, the airport is the 16th-busiest airport in the United Statues. It serves as a hub for Cape Air, Delta, and JetBlue and sees both domestic and international flights.
- Added 3d grass
- Added cars and lights to parking garages
- Added custom jetways with SAM support
- Added custom taxiway edge lights and runway guard lights
- Added National Grid gas tank, Millenium tower, Four Seasons One Dalton
- Added new terminal extentions (terminals B and E)
- Added normal and specular maps to terminals
- Added rain and snow effects to ground
- Improved orthophotos
- Improved seawall texture
- Reworked all ground textures and markings
- Set airport to flattened to prevent issues at border of mesh tiles
- Static aircraft now spawn randomly can now be toggled off
- Updated airport layout
- Updated GroundTraffic plugin to work with Vulkan/Metal