Sim-wings, a well-known Prepar3D, and MSFS scenery developer, has today taken to their Facebook Page to announce the release of their rendition of Munich Airport (EDDM) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The scenery was not announced prior to the release earlier today.
The scenery has been converted by Sim-wings from its Prepar3D variant. It was said in the Facebook Post, that the Prepar3D variant was released quite recently, in July, and therefore the conversion did not require as much work as it usually does.
The scenery offers a highly detailed rendition of the airport itself, accurate airport layout, PBR materials, animated jetways, or seamless transition to the default simulator terrain. In addition to those, building interiors are present at some buildings in the scenery. As usual, the complete feature list can be found below.
The scenery can be purchased through the Aerosoft website for €21 with VAT excluded. There is a discount available for existing owners of the Prepar3D variant of the scenery that makes the Microsoft Flight Simulator version priced at only €13.42 with VAT excluded.
Munich Airport (EDDM) is an international airport serving the city of Munich, Germany. It is the second-busiest airport in Germany with over 47 million passengers annually with routes covering the whole globe. The airport serves as a hub for Lufthansa.
- Highly detailed scenery of Munich Airport
- Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
- Seamless transition to the default simulator landscape
- Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
- Detailed taxi, ground lines and stands according to current maps
- Taxiway bridges across the access roads
- Centerlines adapted on T1 (there will be an update for the construction site area as soon as the buildings are completed in real life)
- Extremely detailed Munich airport buildings with interiors (airside) and all additional buildings
- Complete freight area with container storage, hangars and buildings
- Animated jetways
- Many static apron vehicles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- MSFS SDK materials (PBR
- Note: Functional Safegates (VDGS) will be integrated as soon as there is a reliable technical solution by the MSFS SDK