SSG has today released a long-awaited and well-wanted update within the community for the Queen of the Skies rendition for X-Plane 11. From what we knew until today, it was unclear how big the update really is going to be.
Version 2.2 of the aircraft does not only feature a new freighter model, but also updated engine animations, texture enhancements, improved hydraulic system logic, adjusted autobrake settings, or updated EFB.
It is now also clear, that the price will be increased from the original $65 to $80 soon. There was no exact date shared on when should we expect the price increase to happen. If you want to purchase the aircraft, you can do so via the X-Plane.org Store for $65.
In order to update the aircraft, it is recommended to download and replace the old aircraft files in your X-Plane 11 directory. If you want to learn more about the development of the aircraft, it is recommended to check out our SSG category archive.
New and Improved:
- New Freighter model, accessible under “Cargo” in the Main X-Plane Aircraft menu.
- Now incorporating SASL3
- DreamEngine build 0316 to ensure sound works in XP 11.50
- New README file
- New standby magnetic compass modeled on the one in the real aircraft
- More realistic engine fan spool up/spool down animations
- Engine fan windmilling effects are now implemented
- Speedbrake/Spoiler function and logic completely redone to match the real aircraft’s
- Various external model and texture enhancements with corrected and added details (i.e. rivets around APU tailcone area)
- 2 new Boeing liveries
- New wheel chocks that can be placed/removed with the cockpit tablet
- Improved yoke handling in VR
- Cockpit door now opens inward as in the real aircraft
- Yaw damper switches now separated into upper and lower with associated EICAS messages
- COM radios now have 8.33 kHz spacing and will allow tuning frequencies 3 digits after decimal (e.g. 118.015)
- ATC Transponder code entering improved and made more realistic
- GBAS Landing System (GLS) approaches now implemented.
- Integrated Approach Navigation (IAN) Approaches (RNAV, VOR, LOC) are also now implemented.
- Thrust reduction altitude will take entries below 1,000 feet AGL
- Now the selection of the SIDs and STARs are previewed on the ND as white dashed lines, like in the real aircraft.
- VOR and ILS frequencies can now be entered in both XXX.YY and XXXYY format.
- Can now enter any valid VOR frequency.
- FMC step climb values can now be entered directly via the scratchpad.
- Transition altitude is now set for departure and arrival airports automatically reading from the AIRAC database. However, it can be changed later manually.
- Approach speeds are now precomputed for the approach waypoints in the LEGS Page.
- If an AIRAC navigation database is not installed, the FMC will show a message to this effect in the scratchpad.
- Center pedestal CDU now has a screen with sample menu selections, but its features are not implemented in this version.
- Improved electrical isolation on first officer’s displays without AC power.
- Minimum altitude logic improved
- Flight deck door switch implemented
- Hydraulic system logic improved
- Altitude alert logic improved
- Autobrake settings adjusted
- Fuel entries on tablet now allow +/-0.1 ton quantities
- Some EICAS messages corrected or deleted
- APU now requires battery power to be on in order to start
- Now you can add an airport as a waypoint, in which case the ND will draw a track line from the departure airport to the arrival airport.
- Sometimes a hold waypoint did not indicate HOLD in the LEGS Page. Now fixed.
- There are no more V1, Vr and V2 calls on landing.
- CLB-3 setting on THRUST LIM page removed as it does not apply.
- During periods of high acceleration, the selected speed is not exceeded anymore.
- DEL key now works in the right CDU.
- Fixed bug where the FMC seemed frozen, which was because it was waiting for the EXEC key to be pressed or “Activate” selected. The light on the EXEC key was not coming on.
- No more triangles where circles are supposed to be in SIDs/STARs.
- MCP altitude is not bypassed anymore (except in Glideslope mode).
- Fixed bug when sometimes selected SIDs would be deleted.