Stairport Sceneries, a developer responsible for many sceneries for X-Plane 11 or a very popular plugin SAM, has announced their work on a rendition of Venice Lido Airport (LIPV) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Venice Lido is a general aviation airfield mainly used for private purposes. It is located 1.9 miles north of Venice and offers a grass runway, which is 994 metres long, and a grass heliport. From a historic perspective, it was also used as a military base during World War I.
The scenery will feature a highly detailed rendition of the airport itself and using the techniques specific to Microsoft Flight Simulator, the scenery will include high-definition PBR textures. There will be weather-dependent and animated 3D people, meaning that humans at the airport will change based on the weather, which will for sure enhance the experience a flight simmer will get while using the scenery.
There was no further information on when the scenery will be released nor what will be its price tag.
- Detailed rendition of the airfield LIPV Lido di Venezia
- Perfectly blended into the photogrammetric city of Venice
- Fully custom modelling and texturing using PBR effects throughout the entire airfield
- Clutter objects and 3D people to bring the airport to life
- Custom night lighting including runway and taxiway
- Custom static aircraft (aircraft and helicopters) reflecting the real traffic at the airfield (randomized)
- Individual animations like weather dependent 3D people, animated sun visors at tower and more
- Excessive performance optimization based on specifications by Microsoft
- Best spot to start your Venice adventure