TFDI has today opened pre-orders for their upcoming rendition of MD-11 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The team has made the announcement through their forums. TFDI is the first developer to ever open
pre-orders for an upcoming product in the flight simulator add-on market.
TFDI only offers a thousand of copies available to pre-purchase. With such copy, you get The Collector’s Edition, which will work on both Prepar3D and Microsoft Flight Simulator platforms.
TFDI aims to release the full version of MD-11 in September of 2023. However, when you buy this $80 package, you get to participate in the beta testing before the full version releases. Furthermore, you also get two different expansions if you buy this package.
What you get
- The TFDi Design MD-11 Base Package
- The Freighter Expansion
- The Extended Simulation Package
- This includes advanced failures and the in-flight instructor system
- The ER (Extended Range) Variant
- This special variant will never be sold outside of this presale
- Guaranteed beta access
- Access to an exclusive Discord channel where development updates will be previewed early
- A personalized certificate of sale showing your MD-11’s sequence number
- This will be unique to our customers – only purchased versions will be issued with a certificate!
As mentioned, each of these copies that are being sold will come with a certificate, making it even more valuable when this offer ends.
Speaking of the pricing of the normal version that is going to release in September, the base package is going to cost $70, the freighter/passenger expansions are going to cost $10. The expansion package you have to buy is going to depend on which base package you bought. Either the Freighter Base Package or Passenger Base Package.
Furthermore, there is one last expansion that costs $5, which is the Extended Simulation Package, which we don’t yet know much about.
Later on today, on December 1st, 2022, TFDI during this offer has suffered a data breach, which they spoke about on their Discord server. This data breach has leaked customers’ information such as passwords, e-mails, names, etc. Sucuri caching system has caused this issue, which TFDI tried to switch to. This lead to the issues mentioned and TFDI will seek legal action towards Sucuri.
If you would like to read more about TFDI, you can read our other article here.