Welcome to the fifteenth installment of The Workshop – a series dedicated to the latest news and updates regarding FlyByWire’s work on the A32NX and the upcoming A380. Our previous episodes can be read here. The Workshop is written directly by the FlyByWire team within the FSNews and FlyByWire partnership.
Features of the Week
This week, some features have been merged into the latest development version of the aircraft.
- Compatibility with Sim Update 3 (MSFS 126.96.36.199)
- Fixes to ND formatting
- Fixes to MCDU/FMGC behaviour
- Simulation of electrical power consumption
- Different components of the electrical network now have simulated loads
- Improvements to appearance of Korry (square push buttons) switches when unlit
A few new features have been added to the flyPad:
- Ground Services Page
- Brightness slider in the Settings page
Work in Progress
Here are some features we are currently working on:
- Complete from-scratch rework of autopilot systems (routing, autoflight)
- Realistic systems simulations
- Current work focusing on a from-scratch electrical system and custom hydraulics
- Modular update system (downloads individual parts of the mod which have changed, instead of redownloading the entire package)
- Additional EFB features
- Redesign of global UI with a new sidebar layout and better readability
- More options in the Settings page, allowing tuning of various aircraft parameters
- Takeoff and landing performance calculator
- Avionics rewrite (PFD, ECAM, MCDU and FCU) – for performance improvements and easier code maintenance
- Addition of electrical system sounds (bus transfers and contacts)
Media Team Applications
Our Media Team applications are now closed. We will be reviewing the applicants and will contact the individuals who have been selected. Thanks to everyone who applied!
In The Hangar – Episode 5
Our bi-monthly project update stream, In The Hangar, will return for its fifth episode this Saturday at 1830Z! We will be excited to share some amazing progress from both of our A32NX and A380X teams and answer questions from the community.
While you eagerly wait for the show, here is a quick sneak peek of our upcoming aircraft:
Our next episode of The Workshop is scheduled to be published on April 2nd, 2021.