Welcome to the twenty-third installment of The Workshop – a series dedicated to the latest news and updates regarding FlyByWire’s work on the A32NX and the upcoming A380. Our previous episodes can be read here. The Workshop is written directly by the FlyByWire team within the FSNews and FlyByWire partnership.
Features of the Week
This week, some features or improvements have been merged into the latest development version of the aircraft.
- flyPadOS v2!
- Navigraph Charts
- Landing calculations
- New UI layout
- New settings options transferred from MCDU
- Improvements to MCDU keyboard input
- Fixes to APU generator frequency startup behaviour
- Improvements to cockpit sounds
- Improvements to takeoff and landing announcements
- Improvements to display unit brightness knobs
Work in Progress
- Compatibility with Sim Update 5
- TCAS and AutoTCAS
- Secondary engine startup parameters – Oil PSI, quality and temperature, N1 and N2 vibrations
- Simulating the ADIRS system, which will include independent sensors and ADIRUs
- Pressurization system
- Bleed system
- Custom Flight Plan Manager
- Early work on advanced LNAV features (RF legs, etc.) and early VNAV features (pseudo-waypoints, etc.)
- Rewritten ND in ReactJS
Our next episode of The Workshop is scheduled to be published on August 6th.