Welcome to the twenty-fifth installment of The Workshop – a series dedicated to the latest news and updates regarding FlyByWire’s work on the A32NX and the upcoming A380. Our previous episodes can be read here. The Workshop is written directly by the FlyByWire team within the FSNews and FlyByWire partnership.
New Experimental version
We have published a new experimental version to our installer and for direct download on our website. This new version features a preview of our upcoming custom FMS, featuring rewritten flight plan management and custom LNAV capabilities.
More information on experimental is available in our documentation.
Our installer has been updated to v2.0.0. While the major version change seems significant, this consists mostly of backend improvements.
Of note are the following changes:
- Installation method changed from Electron-Forge/Squirel to electron-builder/NSIS to prevent future memory leaks during update
- Remove converted livery packages if conversion failed
- Rename #help to #support to adopt current Discord channel naming
- Request the user to set ‘Community’ folder manually if it cannot be found, fixes error message
- Update “Experimental” version text for A32NX
This update will be performed automatically when you start your installer.
Features of the Week
This week, some features or improvements have been merged into the latest development version of the aircraft.
- Improved pitch/C* and ALT* FBW/AP laws
- Tabbed EFB settings page
- Removed duplicate settings in MCDU and EFB. All settings are now present in the EFB
- Re-written FUEL SD page
- Added translations for some interaction tooltips
- Fixed issues with some cockpit interactions
- Fixed issue with pushback starting without command in the EFB Ground Services page
- Improved oil temperature behaviour on ENGINE SD page
Work in Progress
- TCAS and AutoTCAS
- EFB improvements
- Peristsent sub-page navigation
- Secondary engine startup parameters – Oil PSI, quality and temperature, N1 and N2 vibrations
- Manual pressurization support
- Bleed system
- Custom fuel system
- Custom Flight Plan Manager and LNAV – now in public testing via experimental version
- Custom FMS refactoring, and early VNAV features (pseudo-waypoints, etc.)
- Rewritten ND in ReactJS
Our next episode of The Workshop is scheduled to be published on September 10th.