Through a post at their Facebook page, ToLiss, a well-known X-Plane aircraft developer, has announced two new bigger updates to come to their renditions of an Airbus A319 and an Airbus A321.
At the beginning of the post made by the developers, the community was reassured that the development of the Airbus A340-600 rendition is still progressing, and despite the team’s focus on the project, features and bug fixes are still being introduced to existing aircraft.
Bringing the A319 to v1.6, the new version is expected to feature a completely reworked performance pages in the MCDU, improved performance calculator, or added 3D model of the external Ram Air Turbine.
Additionally, the update will bring a plethora of fixes focusing on both the MCDU functions and autopilot systems. As usually, the complete changelog of the new v1.6 can be found below in the article.
It was confirmed by ToLiss that after the A319 update, an update to the A321 and A321 NEO is expected to arrive with the same changes as well as with a couple of undisclosed NEO-specific additions.
It remains unknown when in the update scheduled to be released, however, based on the post, it was recently sent to the beta testing team.
In order to update the A319 to v1.6 once released, either download the files again from the store of your purchase or use the updater located in the aircraft’s files. If you don’t own the aircraft yet, and would like to purchase it, you can do so through the X-Plane.org Store for $79 or about €65.
Major new features:
- Pilot item database allowing the creation and storage of custom waypoints, including associated page reconfigurations on DIR TO, FPLN, RAD NAV page etc.
- Bleed system upgrade to a quantitative bleed model affecting fuel consumption and take-off thrust
- Support for LDA, IGS, Localizer Backcourse and GLS approaches
- Complete rework of the PERF pages to add EO mode information as well as climb/descent predictions to a given altitude
- Rework of the PROG page to include EO mode information including indication of OEI gross ceiling and predictive GPS function
Minor new features:
- When flying the IAE engine, the EWD now properly supports revision to N1 Mode
- TO performance calculator also determines whether packs need to be ON or OFF for the take-off.
- Complete redo of the SD pages ENG, BLEED, PRESS, and F/CTL for better representational accuracy
- FPLN page rework: Constraints are now shown prior to filing the INIT B page.
- FPLN page additional information: The Final approach slope is now shown
- Improved the lateral-directional handling qualities in manual flight
- Changes to altitude and speed constraints of the active flight plan create TEMPY flight plan.
- Added RAT and outflow valve to the external 3d model
- Corrected PFD speed bug location during Go Around
- Prevented waypoint sequencing when flying in HDG mode in opposite direction of FMS path at current TO waypoint
- Fixed ILS indication location on PFD
- Improved AP vertical target tracking when flying with high Angles of Attack
- Fine tuning of the graphical representation in the EWD.
- Speed target for flap 3 landings is back to VAPP
- Waypoints can now be added at end of FPLN directly on the FPLN A page.
- Various small bug fixes