Verticalsim, formerly known as Verticalsim Studios, has today posted via their Facebook page a small development update about their Tampa International Airport scenery for X-Plane 11. Together with one preview and feature list, Verticalsim has confirmed, that the price of the scenery, when released, is going to be $24.99.
In comparison with other Verticalsim sceneries, the price is way higher. Verticalsim justifies this, because of the two-year development process and the quality. The release date is still unknown, but there are a few last things that need to be finished before the release.
The scenery promises super high-resolution orthoimagery covering the airport itself, landmarks or PBR textures, for example. As usual, the complete feature list can be seen below.
- SAM plugin (for jetways)
- Super high res (0.5ft) orthoimagery covering up till the airport boundaries (highest commercial grade imagery you can get on the market)
- Custom hand-built mesh (with Ortho4XP patch), and compatibility with ORBX TrueEarth Florida (VStates users already have this built in and will need to not install mesh)
- High res models of many of the areas landmarks (such as downtown, Rocky Point, International Plaza, etc.)
- Ground-traffic (all the monorails on economy garage and terminal sides), car traffic, airport ground traffic, ramp workers, etc.
- PBR implementation where possible
- Realistic night lighting matching real life imagery taken at the airport
- Support/free updates as the real airport receives them
- World Traffic 3/Traffic Global compatibility with included taxi routes