Vref Simulations has recently taken to their Discord server to announce the release of a major update of their existing scenery covering the Tweed New Haven Airport (KHVN) in Microsoft Flight Simulator. The update was originally supposed to be released as a standalone “v2” product with a free upgrade for exisiting owners, but SimMarket did not accept that option, thus got released as a simple update.
Version 2 of the scenery brings a lot of improvements and additional features. For example, Vref Simulations have completely remodelled three hangars with one having a fictional interior, made improvements to the textures throughout the airport, added static Embraer ERJ 145, added small details around the main terminal, or improved the runway colors to match the real runway. As usual, the complete changelog can be found below.
The scenery can be purchased through SimMarket for €11 excluding VAT. Today’s update is free for existing owners of the scenery and can be installed by simply downloading and replacing the current version of the scenery in the “Community” folder of the simulator.
Tweed New Haven Airport (KHVN) is a rather small airport located just few miles southeast of downtown of New Haven in Connecticut, United States. The airport is mainly used by general aviation, but is also operated by American Eagle and Souther Airways Express with routes to Charlotte and Nantucket.
- Complete remodel of 3 hangars, with way better quality, including one open hangar and brand new textures
- Ground textures revision with improvements on quality and details
- New details and texture revision for the Main terminal
- Added one made from scratch static aircraft model from a embraer ERJ145
- Stairs and workers on the static ERJ145, creating a more realistic ambient
- Stairs and workers on the static Cessna Citation, creating a more realistic ambient
- Improved details decorations, with airport vehicles, some workers, cars, trucks
- Fixed jetway height
- Improvement from Fire station model and textures
- Tower model and textures improvement, with addiction of new details, air conditioning and more
- 3d modelled sidewalk for main terminal region with PBR textures
- 3d modelled sidewalk for GA Hangars region with PBR textures
- More detailing on roads and parking area on main terminal region
- Addiction of some rocks and small islands on the sea close to the airport
- Added new parking lot lights with custom poles
- Added bollards detailing arround main terminal
- Changed runway colors for a more realistic real life match
Thanks Gold787FlightSim for reminding us about the event at our Discord server.