X-Codr has today released the Airport Enhancement Package for X-Plane 11, after 6 months of hard work. Airport Enhancement Package replaces the majority of default scenery with more detailed models, higher resolution textures, new PBR maps, weather effects, seasonal effects, regionalization, and much more. All textures also feature Ultra HD quality. The full feature list can be found below the product images.
The developers designed this scenery package so that the models match the default airport style as closely as possible while making it much higher quality. It was not stated how well optimized the scenery is.
You can buy the Airport Enhancement Package by X-Codr for X-Plane 11 on the X-Plane.org store for $22.95.
- Almost all airport buildings replaced with new high quality models
- Majority of airport facades replaced with new high quality facades
- Majority of all ground clutter replaced with new high quality models
- All static ground vehicles replaced with new high quality models
- All airport objects such as runways lights, beacons, and navaids replaced with new high-quality models
- All models feature advanced modeling techniques
- All models feature UHD textures between 2 and 4 pixels per inch
- All models feature advanced PBR normal maps for small details and realistic reflections
- All models feature advanced LODs to maximize detail while maintaining great performance
- Most models feature lite interiors to provide an added sense of depth and realism without the performance cost
- All airport vegetation replaced with new high performance 3d vegetation
- Advanced LOD techniques used to create detailed 3d trees with minimal performance impact
- Vegetation automatically switches based on region, for example, tropical areas may have palm trees while mountains may have pine trees.
- All pavement textures replaced with new high-quality textures
- All pavement textures feature ultra high resolution for great detail
- All polygon pavement textures feature PBR normal maps for maximum realism and detail
- Pavement uses large scale decals to break up repetition giving airports a realistic natural feel
- All markings replaced with new high quality markings
- All airport terrain textures feature normal maps and decals for maximum detail and realism with minimal repetition
- Limited Regionalization gives airports a unique feel
- In rural areas more damaged pavement is randomly mixed in with normal pavement
- In more rural and tropical areas more worn hangars are mixed in with the newer hangars found elsewhere
- Vegetation dynamically changes based on the location.
- Dynamic weather and seasons
- Polygon pavement features rain effects
- All pavement features snow effects
- Vegetation dynamically changes with the season. See brown and gold trees in the fall, and trees with no leaves in the winter
- • All models match the default style as closely as possible, ensuring you see exactly what the author intended except in a much higher quality.